Each educational region in the Northern Territory has a representative on the NT COGSO Executive.
- The governing authority of NT COGSO is the NT Full Council comprising of all affiliated Schools.
- Regional Representatives are elected each year at the Regional Council AGM.
- Regional Representatives host four Regional Council meetings during the year, where they discuss issues relevant to families, students and school communities within their region.
- Regional Representatives attend four weekend Executive meetings each year, where they discuss issues relevant to families, students and school communities in public education.
- An NT Full Council Conference is held annually in Semester 2, where Regional Reps and school representatives discuss and determine direction and policies for the organisation.